BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday 16 June 2009

What SL means to me

For alot of people Second Life is a means of living a life that they can only dream of or for living a second life. They have a beautiful home, wife/husband and kids all in glorious pixels. This is fine for them, hey it's their second life to do what they want with.
But this is not the SL for me, no marriage, prim babies or child avi age players, yes I have a home, but that is just a place I can go to be on my own if I want to build, or to hang with friends at. Yes I have a partner, but like I said there will be no SL wedding or babies in whatever form. Prim babies are repulsive as are weird age-players, we are partners because we love to spend our time on SL together, and it shows we are committed and faithful to each other.
SL for me is also a social tool, I have met some amazing and fantastic people from all over the world, that almost certainly would ever met if not for this online world, and also some idiots. SL has already taught me so much about the true nature of people and what is really inside them even if they think they hide their true selves well.
SL is not a stand in for a life that I dont have in the real world, it is somewhere I go when my day is done or when I have some spare time during the day. It enriches my life with new friendships and experiences.

0 comments: